Friday, October 25, 2013

Creativity and New Media

     Last semester, I had a Marketing class and had a assignment to come up with a commercial for a new product that was on the market. My team and I researched and hand picked this product because we thought that we could make an effective commercial that would assure us a good grade.
     My team and I took our Nikon camera and shot everything in one afternoon. We used my (old) apartment and neighborhood as locations for the shoot. Once we shot all our footage, we were able to use free open software we were able to create a You Tube video. In post production, we cut the scenes and put them in order, laid a soundtrack and even added effects. All of this would have to have been produced by a company with a lot of technology at a great cost to my team and I. We were able to produce this for free and in only one weekend.

Enjoy
Shake Weight Video

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic video! I loved how it was very funny, but you were still able to show the product's effectiveness. Maybe you should look into producing videos for a living!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really enjoyed this project. I am actually apart of a film production company, we work on local film festivals and even some online competitions. It isn't my main focus, but I do have a great passion for film.

      Delete
  2. I liked your piece, I think the soundtrack worked very well with the video. You had some good usage of humor (as in many good commercials), for example, when the grown man was chasing the little boy around the table, shaking the product with one hand in the toilet, and especially the last scene, which was like the punchline of the video. I have edited a music video myself in which I used episodes from a TV show which I sliced into short segments which were glued together. I was curious to know which free opensource software you used to edit the video so effectively, as I used Final Cut Pro which is not opensource and quite complicated(I edited the video in my college's computer lab). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is actually me and my son and even my wife (at the time). We used Final Cut Pro X to put the piece together.

      Delete
  3. Nice Nice.. Really funny and you have done a great job. By looking at the video anyone can figure out what you are trying to show.

    ReplyDelete