Monday, October 14, 2013

Social Networking Sites

I visited Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn to get a good picture of how these social networking sites compared to each other. Out of the four sites, I would say that the way Facebook is setup, it lends to being more social, you get to see a live stream of your friend's posts and anything else you are interested in, it is easy to follow what is going on since it is all on your page. MySpace seems to be more geared to artists. I remember when MySpace was new, I was on it and even had music on my page and I thought it was the coolest thing, I hated waiting for people's pages to load which depended on how much stuff they had on their page. I registered again just for this post and it seems like a hangout for musicians, so I wasn't very into it. Initially, I would not have been very impressed by Twitter, but after reading some of this week's readings, I must say that I am very intrigued by its potential. I like that Twitter can be that first raw impression of an event, 1st hand details stream out before a reporter even arrives on the scene. LinkedIn would be the most professional of the four sites, connecting professionals to other professionals; LinkedIn provides a platform for mature adults to connect and network.

No comments:

Post a Comment